Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will develop research involving:
Requirement for candidates:
- Synthesis of enzyme-functionalized nanoparticles based on chemical methods.
- Study of antibody functionalization and drug loading/release capabilities of nanoparticles for the development of precision and personalized nanobots.
- 3D cell culture of bladder cancer cells derived from patients.
- Toxicity and viability assays on 3D bladder cancer spheroids to evaluate the effect of nanobots as anticancer tools.
- Cell internalization studies, immunostaining, 2D and 3D fluorescent imaging.
- Dynamic light scattering, video recording and tracking of self-propelled nanoparticles.
- Interaction with other partners of the consortium for the development of nanobots for targeting patient derived tumors and in vivo applications of nanobots.
- Degree and Master on any field on (bio) Chemistry, Nanosciences, Biology, Biomedical engineering, Nanotechnology, Medicine, Biotechnology, Material Science and related.
- Multidisciplinary qualifications (Physics/Engineering, Biochem/Mat Science, Physics/Chemistry, Biomed/Eng, ) will be a plus since the project is at the edge between different disciplines from basic science to translational approaches.
- Knowledge on nanoparticles specifically on self-propelled nanoparticles will be a plus.
- Knowledge on drug delivery systems.
- Knowledge on cell culture, 3D cell-growth.
- Excellent skills on microscopy imaging characterization, cell viability and related bioassays.
- Competencies and skills: Communication, Teamwork and collaboration, Commitment, Proactivity, Integrity, Critical and Analytical thinking.
- High motivation on understanding collective phenomena of artificial active matter, swimmers and nanomotors.
- High level of English.
How to apply:
Until September, 15th
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: 01.10.2021
- Working conditions:
- Full time 4-years Very competitive salary.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
an online application form
is available through IBEC dedicated site: https://careers.ibecbarcelona.eu/
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.”
Protection of personal data:
IBEC ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Spanish Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data shall thus be processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.