Data límit: 18/11/2020
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) a cutting-edge research center based in Barcelona, is looking for a Project Manager in Research . His/her role will be to oversee and manage the research projects of several research lines, liaising with other sites and institutions across Spain and Europe.
Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will develop research involving:
- Funding: Identify new project opportunities for the research lines assigned.
- Project formulation: Support in the definition of project goals, advising on project partners, preparation of budget, support on proposal writing and submission.
- Project management: Liaising between project and funders; coordination between sites within international projects; coordinating and overseeing project reporting; keeping track of project agendas and deadlines.
- Financial management of the research lines: Maximizing the outcome of the research lines within the available budget.
- Liaising between research group leaders and other IBEC support areas (Strategic Initiatives, Finance, Funding Services, HR, Tech Transfer and Communication) for the daily running of the research lines.
- Promotion of the interaction of research groups within IBEC to increase interdisciplinary
Requirements for candidates:
- PhD in engineering, chemistry, physics or experimental sciences.
- Minimum three-year experience in research project management, in particular regarding Framework Programme projects (H2020) and other EU & international funding schemes.
- Experience in the NIH funding scheme.
- Full command of Spanish and English. Catalan is a plus.
- Capacity to work with people from different backgrounds and expertise.
- Good communication abilities, teamwork, initiative and organization.
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: December 1st 2020
- Working conditions:
- Full time open ended labor contract.
- Salary will be commensurate with academic level and experience.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and the contact of two referees to: email@example.com before 18/11/1010 (Reference: PM3_JA).
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles.
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.”
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (in charge of research and innovation policy in Spain), which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing an annual budget of 12M€ and 3.800 square meters facilities, 22 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 350 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu