Application Deadline: 15/07/2021
The Synthetic, Perceptive, Emotive and Cognitive Systems (SPECS) group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for a Project Manager in Research specialization in ICT ( Information and Communication Technologies) . We have an exciting full-time, development opportunity for a new Project Manager to join the SPECS-lab and the Projects Office in Barcelona.
The role of the project manager will be to oversee and manage the SPECS-lab research projects with the research lines assigned, liaising with IBECS’s project office and other sites and institutions across Spain and Europe.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
The extent of your duties will include but are not limited to:
– Funding: Identify new project opportunities for the research lines assigned.
– Project formulation: Support in the definition of project goals, advising on project partners, preparation of budget, support on proposal writing and submission.
– Project management: Liaising between project and funders; coordination between sites within international projects; coordinating and overseeing project reporting; keeping track of project agendas and deadlines.
– Financial management of the research lines: Maximizing the outcome of the research lines within the available budget.
– Liaising between SPECS-lab and the IBEC support areas (Projects Office, HR, Finance, Tech Transfer and Communication) for the daily running of the research lines.
– Interaction with other research groups at IBEC to increase interdisciplinary.
Requirements for candidates:
- PhD in computer sciences/disciplines or engineering is desirable. PhD in physics or experimental sciences will also be considered if the candidate has experience in ICT areas.
- Minimum one-year experience in research project management, in relation to the Framework Programme projects (FP7, H2020) and other EU & international funding schemes.
- Full command of English and Spanish, Catalan is a plus.
- Competencies: Communication, teamwork, proactivity, customer orientation, planning and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of public and private research funding systems (European and Spanish).
- Knowledge of public research Catalan system.
- Previous experience working with international collaborators.
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: July 1st 2021
- Working conditions:
- Full-time, fixed-term contract with possibilities for extension.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- Specific training for the position will be offered. IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills.
- High-quality international scientific environment.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
How to apply:
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Principles of the Selection Process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.
Having a disability certificate equal to or greater than 33% will be valued positively.
Protection of personal data:
IBEC ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Spanish Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data shall thus be processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.
Who we are?
The Synthetic Perceptive, Emotive and Cognitive Systems Laboratory is a research lab addressing fundamental questions on mind and brain. The SPECS-lab aims at developing a unified theory of mind and brain, to validate this theory using empirical and synthetic methods and by applying it to technologies that support and advance the human condition.
The SPECS-lab is located at the UPC Besos Campus in Barcelona in a modern and spacious space with state of the art research facilities and comprises about 20 researchers and technical staff with backgrounds in mathematics, physics, engineering, psychology, neuroscience and design and is directed by Dr. Paul F.M.J. Verschure who is a Research Professor with the Catalan Institute of Advanced Studies. SPECS’ research spans Neuroscience, Cognitive Science, Complexity Science, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Virtual and Mixed Reality and the application areas of Neurorehabilitation, Education. https://specs-lab.com/
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (in charge of research and innovation policy in Spain), which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach, and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health, and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located in the Barcelona Science Park and at the UPC Besos Campus and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 22 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 350 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu