Data límit: 18/05/2021
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC), a cutting-edge research center based in Barcelona, is looking for a Project Manager of knowledge to deploy IBEC’s Open Science Pillar, especially in what refers to the coordination and management of research data and publications.
This is an exciting full-time, development opportunity for a new Project Manager to join the Strategic Initiatives unit and reporting to the Head of the Unit.
The Strategic Initiatives Unit provides strategic advice and support to the Director in the deployment of the Strategic Plan of IBEC. Among others, the unit fosters and coordinates (a) institutional and strategic projects and alliances such as Severo Ochoa, BIST, EIT Health and institutional networks as the NanoMed Spain, (b) international alliances and partnerships, (c) the scientific activities of the institute and (d) open science deployment.
The contract will be funded by the Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovación within the Severo Ochoa framework.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
The extent of your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Design and implementation of scientific management policies linked to Open Science, such as data management and open access policies.
- Coordination and implementation of the data management policy of the Institute, including, among others, definition of guidelines, training, support to the preparation and follow-up of implementation of data management plans for research projects, inclusion in data repositories, etc.
- Management of the publications of the Institute, including among others, collection and verification of IBEC publications, inclusion in open access repositories, analysis, and preparation of reports about the scientific production of the institute, impact indicators, etc.
- Promote the participation of IBEC in open science networks and projects and ensure that best practices and standards are incorporated to the institute and that we always comply with requirements of funding institutions.
- Support the Head of STI in other strategic initiatives of the institute in which their expertise may be relevant.
Requirements for candidates:
- Minimum one year experience in a similar position or which includes some of the above tasks and responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree (it will be highly valuable a degree in any scientific / engineering discipline, or library and information science).
- Proven knowledge of research data management tools across all the research data life cycle (collection, management, storage and publication) and implementation of FAIR principles.
- Proven knowledge of novel tendencies and legal requirements regarding Open science.
- Proven Knowledge of research bibliometrics and tools.
- Full command of Spanish and English. Catalan is a plus.
- Competencies: Communication, teamwork, proactivity, customer orientation, planning and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of public and private research funding systems (European and Spanish).
- Experience in a biomedical research centres.
- Experience in the preparation and submission of competitive projects related to Open Science.
- PhD degree in any in any scientific / engineering discipline, or library and information science.
- Expertise in iMarina publication’s software.
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: June 2021
- Working conditions:
- Full-time, fixed-term contract with possibilities for extension.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- Specific training for the position will be offered. IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills.
- High-quality international scientific environment.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
How to apply:
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at email@example.com
Principles of the Selection Process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.
Having a disability certificate equal to or greater than 33% will be valued positively.
Protection of personal data:
IBEC ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Spanish Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data shall thus be processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (in charge of research and innovation policy in Spain), which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach, and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health, and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located in the Barcelona Science Park and at the UPC Besos Campus and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 23 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 380 people from 33 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu