Introduction to the vacant position:
The Nanobioengineering Group seeks an Early-Stage Researcher to contribute to research/development by assisting with experiments to the “Bioengineering for personalized pediatric oncology” research line. The contract will be within the framework of the Biomimetic Nanoparticles for Targeted Treatment of Pediatric Neuroblastoma (BATMAN; PID2020-117977RA-I00) project and supported by the Foundation Neuroblastoma and NEN Association.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Conduct research experiments
- Collect, analyze data, and summarize results
- Conduct literature reviews
- Attend project meetings
- Prepare progress reports for the PI and funding agency
- Manage and respond to project-related email
- Attend area seminars and other meetings as necessary
Requirements for candidates:
- Degree/Master in Biomedical Engineering or Translational Research fields.
- Less than six months since the defense of the master’s degree
- Demonstrated training in cancer research (specifically on neuroblastoma will be a plus).
- Experience in culturing and maintaining mammalian cell lines.
- Experience in microfabrication techniques, device fabrication, and cleanroom work.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities
- Strong time-management skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. High level of English
- Experience in tumor-on-a-chip models fabrication and set-up
- Knowledge in nanomaterials characterization: DLS and zeta-potential
- Experience in confocal microscopy and imaging will be a plus.
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: 01/09/2023
- Working conditions:
- Full-time 6-month contract.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (flexible work hours, teleworking, among others).
- IBEC ensures equal access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC, or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalog offers a wide range of technical and transferable skills training.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and a high-quality international scientific environment.
- Induction program to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R) https://ibecbarcelona.eu/careers-at-ibec/jobs/
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.”
IBEC actively looks for female candidates for Senior positions (Postdoctoral and GL positions) ensuring that at least 40% of shortlisted applicants invited to interview have to be women with comparable level of CVs as the male candidates. At the end of the evaluation process, in case of equal merit, priority will be given to female candidates.
For candidates with children that come from outside Barcelona, we offer babysitting services during the interview, so you don’t have to worry about anything else than doing a good interview. Contact us if you are interested in this service.
IBEC, as a signatory of the San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA), will consider, especially for early-stage investigators, much more the scientific content of research outputs, than publication metrics or the identity of the journal in which it were published.
Protection of personal data:
IBEC guarantees that candidates’ personal data are processed in accordance with the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data will be processed solely for the purposes of the selection process.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by the Ministry of Science, Universities and Innovation, which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC). IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, with an annual budget of 13 Mio€; 3.800 square meters of facilities; 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 350 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu