Introduction to the vacant position:
The Pluripotency for organ regeneration Group is looking for a Senior Laboratory Technician work on the development of engineering kidney organoids to study the interplay between Tissue Mechanics and Metabolism: from development to disease.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Generation and basic characterization of organoid models (including from primary cell sources and human pluripotent stem cells).
- Characterization of organoid derivatives through molecular biology and confocal microscopy analysis.
- Design and implementation of genome editing tools to engineer organoid models to study genetic-based- and systemic diseases.
- Support and guidance to the research team in the planification and performance of experiments involving organoid derivation and characterization.
- Support and guidance to the research team in the planification and performance of experiments involving genome editing and OMICS (including RNAseq and ChIP seq genome wide).
Requirements for candidates:
- Degree in experimental sciences.
- Previous experience as senior laboratory technician is mandatory.
- Previous experience on basic molecular biology techniques is mandatory (RNA isolation, protein isolation, Western Blot analysis, Sanger sequencing, RT-qPCR).
- Previous experience in organoid derivation is mandatory.
- Previous experience in genome editing and OMICS is mandatory.
- Experience in confocal microscopy analysis and image analysis will be a plus.
- Previous expertise in laboratory managing will be a plus.
- Competencies and skills: Excellent communication and teamworking skills, proactivity, commitment, critical and analytical thinking.
- High level of English.
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: March 2023
- Working conditions:
- Full time
- Permanent position (Specific Rate of Replacement for the stabilization of temporary work, requested by the Administration of the Generalitat based on the 4th additional provision of Royal Decree Law 32/2021, of December 28. Additional replacement rate authorized by the Ministry of Finance and Public Function. Approved by the IBEC Board of Trustees).
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills including mobility grants and a Mentoring programme for predoctral and postdoctoral researchers.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Until 16th of January an online application form is available through IBEC dedicated site: https://careers.ibecbarcelona.eu/
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at email@example.com
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.”
Protection of personal data:
IBEC guarantees that candidates’ personal data are processed in accordance with the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data will be processed solely for the purposes of the selection process.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by the Ministry of Science, Universities and Innovation, which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, with an annual budget of 13 Mio€; 3.800 square meters of facilities; 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 350 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu