Introduction to the vacant position:
The Smart Nano-Bio-Devices Group is looking for a Senior Laboratory Technician to develop scientific support to the research activities of the group dealing with the use of nanoparticles, nanosystems, nanomotors and 3D bioprinted robots in bioengineering, biotechbological and biomedical applications.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Be the main responsible of the biological labs of the group, from the maintenance, ordering of reagents, cell culture, and elaborating the protocols for such tasks.
- Scientific support to group members in the field of cell biology and molecular biology.
- Technical support in the 3D bioprinting, cell culture and molecular analysis of the 3D bioengineered tissues, spheroids and organoids.
- Contact person with collaborators in the field of clinical translation of the research of the group.
- Support to the Group Leader in organizational tasks of the group.
- Elaboration of working guidelines in the biological labs, provide training to the new members.
- Participation in the project meetings and contribute with the biological background.
Requirements for candidates:
- PhD Degree in biology, molecular biology, cell biology or similar with a MSc and BSc in related topics.
- Experience as a Research Technician supporting group members in international labs with background in translational medicine or biomedicine.
- Knowledge in biochemical techniques.
- Knowledge of mammalian cell culture, immunostaining, flow cytometry, cell culture, CRISPR/Cas9 technology, DNA cloning techniques, RNA and protein analysis (Molecular cloning, Luciferase assay, PCR, RT-PCR, Western Blot, etc)
- Competencies and skills: Communication, Teamwork and collaboration, Commitment, Proactivity, Integrity, Critical and Analytical thinking. Problem solving skills and organizational skills in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams.
- High level of English
- Experience in research or technician positions after doctoral degree, demonstrating capabilities to contribute scientifically to the team in addition to the technical support.
- Scientific publications and conference attendances/poster.
- Experiences in managing or supervising students and other technicians.
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: February 2023
- Working conditions:
- Full time
- Permanent position (Specific Rate of Replacement for the stabilization of temporary work, requested by the Administration of the Generalitat based on the 4th additional provision of Royal Decree Law 32/2021, of December 28. Additional replacement rate authorized by the Ministry of Finance and Public Function).
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills including mobility grants and a Mentoring programme for predoctral and postdoctoral researchers.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Until 16th of January an online application form is available through IBEC dedicated site: https://careers.ibecbarcelona.eu/
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at email@example.com
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.”
Protection of personal data:
IBEC guarantees that candidates’ personal data are processed in accordance with the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data will be processed solely for the purposes of the selection process.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by the Ministry of Science, Universities and Innovation, which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, with an annual budget of 13 Mio€; 3.800 square meters of facilities; 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 350 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu