Application Deadline: 01/11/2020
The The Biomimetic Systems for cell engineering group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) Group is looking for a Senior Postdoctoral Researcher to work on the development and optimization of a new fabrication platform based on 3D printing, with integrated microfluidics and environmental control.
The contract will be within the framework of the GUT3D-PLATE project; a Proof of Concept project granted by the European Research Council (ERC), whose objective is the fabrication of ready-to-commercialize 3D cell culture scaffolds mimicking the intestinal physiology.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide technological solutions to the current project needs
- Development and integration of a microfluidic system in the fabrication platform
- Explore other techniques and possibilities to provide added value to the final product
- Design customized parts and assemblies
Requirements for candidates:
- PhD in Biomedicine or Biomedical Engineering with +5 years of experience.
- Entrepreneurship and R&D&I skills.
- Expert on design and development of microfluidic devices.
- Proficiency in LabView, Matlab, Comsol. Other simulation software is a plus.
- Competencies and skills: Initiative and proactivity, Commitment, Communication, Teamwork and collaboration, Integrity, Critical and Analytical thinking.
- High level of English, both writing and speaking.
- Previous experience with 3D printing/bioprinting and rapid-prototyping techniques is desirable.
- Previous experience in product development is highly valuable.
- Previous experience in a research laboratory, knowledge of standard laboratory procedures and manipulation of standard equipment.
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: 16th November 2020
- Working conditions:
- Full time: 11-months contract. Salary will be commensurate with academic level and experience.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills. Mobility grants for first stage researchers, as well as a Mentoring programme for Postdoctoral researchers are offered.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and the contact of two referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 01/11/2020 (Reference: SR-EM).
Principles of the Selection Process:
Our Recruitment and Selection Policy is based on the OTM Strategy (Open, Transparent and Merit-based recruitment) www.ibecbarcelona.eu/jobs/ and accept applications without distinction on any grounds. Candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Our commitment to OTM-R principles can also be found in our Gender and Diversity plan.
Protection of personal data:
IBEC ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Spanish Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data shall thus be processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (in charge of research and innovation policy in Spain), which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 300 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu