Organized by the European Federation of Biotechnology in collaboration with IBEC among other institutions, this Congress is the longest running international and multidisciplinary biotechnology congress in Europe.
The 13th edition of this Congress, entitled “Symbiosis (Science, Industry & Society)” will focus on analysing the crucial impact the life sciences industry has had in addressing humanity’s great challenges, looking to society to see the remaining and emerging needs, and presenting the cutting-edge science that will address these new challenges.
Concerning the scientific aspects, we highlight the sessions on nanomedicine as well as the following conferences:
- Dr. Janez Potočnik, European Commissioner for Research
- Dr. Jonathan Knowles, Head of Global Research F.Hoffman La Roche (Personalized Medicine)
- Sir Gregory Winter, Joint Head Division of Protein & Nucleic Acid Chemistry, MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology (Antibody Engineering & Therapeutic Antibodies)
- Prof. Donald Hilvert, Director, The Hilvert Lab, ETH Swiss Institute of Technology (Directed Evolution)
- Dr. Chad A. Mirkin, Director, Institute for Nanotechnology, Northwestern University (Nanomedicine)
- Prof. Svante Pääbo, Director, Department of Evolutionary Genetics, Max Planck Institute of Evolutionary Anthropology (The Neanderthal Genome Project)
- Dr. Ismail Serageldin, Director, Library of Alexandria, Chairman European Action on Global Life Sciences
For more detailed information, please visit the web page of the Congress: www.ecb13.eu