Introduction to the vacant position:
We have an exciting full-time, development opportunity for a new Funding Technician to join our Projects Office in Barcelona.
This position will be working closely with the Funding Manager on all forms of project administrative management, monitoring and economic justification of the projects and advise on non-scientific matters for applications ensuring compliance and funder requirements on justification of the research projects.
You will work with colleagues in the Projects Office, researchers and administrative staff to gather and assess information on projects in order to ensure that they are run in an effective and compliant manner.
You will understand the complexities of a grants and award process (both pre and post award) and enjoy increasing your understanding to improve accuracy.
You will be able to work well with large amounts of data that corresponds to financial information.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
As Funding Technician, you will play a key role in the overall post-award support and project administrative management to Projects Office.
The extent of your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Support researchers and project managers in research project applications and throughout the project’s life
(administrative support, advice and review of documentation).
- Monitoring and economic R&D project justification: EU (H2020, Horizon Europe), national (MCIN/AEI, ISCIII),
regional (AGAUR, ACCIÓ), private foundations (AECC, F.Areces, FBBVA, etc.), and RRHH fellowships (FPI,
FPU, FI, Juan de la Cierva, Ramon y Cajal, etc.).
- Search for funding information in the calls of national and international organizations.
- Financial management of projects using SAP.
- Administrative management: registration and archive of internal and official documents.
Requirements for candidates:
• Previous experience in a similar position (at least 2-3 years).
• Financial and/or administrative studies (preferably).
• Advanced user in Microsoft Office.
• Full command in Spanish, Catalan.
• Intermediate level of English.
• Competencies: communication, teamwork, proactivity, attention to detail, planning and organizational
• Experience with SAP.
• Knowledge of public and private research funding systems (European and Spanish).
• Knowledge of public research Catalan system.
• Number of available positions: 1
• Starting date: March
• Working conditions:
o Full time open-ended contract linked to the duration of the projects.
o Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule
working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal
matters, among others).
• IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of
employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a
wide range of training in technical and transferable skills.
• High-quality international scientific environment.
• Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for
foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Until March 12th an online application form is available through IBEC dedicated site:
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Principles of the Selection Process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.
Protection of personal data:
IBEC ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Spanish Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data shall thus be processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (in charge of research and innovation policy in Spain), which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing an annual budget of 12M€ and 3.800 square meters facilities, 22 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 300 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu