Introduction to the vacant position:
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC), a cutting-edge research center based in Barcelona, is looking for a Project Manager of knowledge to deploy IBEC’s Open Science Pillar, especially in what refers to the coordination and management of research data and publications.
This is an exciting full-time, development opportunity for a new Project Manager to join the Strategic Initiatives unit and reporting to the Head of the Unit.
The Strategic Initiatives Unit provides strategic advice and support to the Director in the deployment of the Strategic Plan of IBEC. Among others, the unit fosters and coordinates (a) institutional and strategic projects and alliances such as Severo Ochoa, BIST, EIT Health and institutional networks as the NanoMed Spain, (b) international alliances and partnerships, (c) the scientific activities of the institute and (d) open science deployment.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Design and implementation of scientific management policies linked to Open Science, such as data management and open access policies.
- Coordination and implementation of the data management policy of the Institute, including, among others, definition of guidelines, training, support to the preparation and follow-up of implementation of data management plans for research projects, inclusion in data repositories, etc.
- Management of the publications of the Institute, including among others, collection and verification of IBEC publications, inclusion in open access repositories, analysis, and preparation of reports about the scientific production of the institute, impact indicators, etc.
- Promote the participation of IBEC in open science networks and projects and ensure that best practices and standards are incorporated to the institute and that we always comply with requirements of funding institutions.
- Coordination of the data collection of IBEC for statistical purposes
- Support the Head of Strategy in other strategic initiatives of the institute in which their expertise may be relevant.
Requirements for candidates:
- Minimum two years experience in a similar position or which includes some of the above tasks and responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree (it will be highly valuable a degree in any scientific / engineering discipline, or library and information science).
- Proven knowledge of research data management tools across all the research data life cycle (collection, management, storage and publication) and implementation of FAIR principles.
- Proven knowledge of novel tendencies and legal requirements regarding Open science.
- Proven Knowledge of research bibliometrics and tools.
- Full command of Spanish and English. Catalan is a plus.
- Competencies: Communication, teamwork, proactivity, customer orientation, planning and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of public and private research funding systems (European and Spanish).
- Experience in a biomedical research centres.
- Experience in the preparation and submission of competitive projects related to Open Science.
- PhD degree in any in any scientific / engineering discipline, or library and information science.
- Expertise in iMarina publication’s software.
- Experience with UNEIX
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: December 2023
- Permanent position. According to the replacement rate established by the budget law and approved by the IBEC Board of Trustees.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (parental leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
How to apply:
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at email@example.com
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R) https://ibecbarcelona.eu/careers-at-ibec/jobs/
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.”
IBEC actively looks for female candidates for Senior positions ensuring that at least 40% of shortlisted applicants invited to interview have to be women with comparable level of CVs as the male candidates. At the end of the evaluation process, in case of equal merit, priority will be given to female candidates.
For candidates with children that come from outside Barcelona, we offer babysitting services during the interview, so you don’t have to worry about anything else than doing a good interview. Contact us if you are interested in this service. IBEC, as a signatory of the San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA), will consider, especially for early-stage investigators, much more the scientific content of research outputs, than publication metrics or the identity of the journal in which it was published.
Protection of personal data:
IBEC guarantees that candidates’ personal data are processed in accordance with the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data will be processed solely for the purposes of the selection process.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by the Ministry of Science, Universities and Innovation, which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC). IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, with an annual budget of 17 Mio€; 3.800 square meters of facilities; 20 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 400 people from 35 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu