Main tasks and responsibilities:
– Development of DNA aptamers against Plasmodium falciparum-infected red blood cells and gametocytes.
Requirements for candidates:
– BSc in biochemistry or biotechnology and MSc in a Molecular Biology-related field.
– At least 3 years of previous laboratory experience.
– Experience in the development of DNA aptamers using the SELEX method.
– Knowledge of the in vitro culture of Plasmodium will be a value.
– High level of English.
– Computer literacy and analytical skills.
– Self-critical, capacity to learn and bring knowledge.
– High motivation and ability to be involved in an international multidisciplinary team.
– Excellent team working and communication skills.
– Full time temporary employment contract.
– Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high quality international scientific environment.
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission. Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.