Introduction to the vacant positions:
The Human Resources Unit is looking for 2 HR Officers to support our scientific staff and carry out administrative HR functions.
The aim of the HR Unit is to reinforce IBEC’s mission through delivering high-level services to all stakeholders and effectively implement HR policies throughout the organization.
The HR Unit deals with all issues related to the employee life cycle: recruitment and selection, contracting, training and development, promotion, compensation and benefits, wellbeing, health and safety, mobilities, employee visa, onboarding and leave management.
Our Unit leads strategic projects such as the Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R) in line with the Principles of the Charter and Code of the European Commission and the Equal Opportunities and Diversity Plan.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
As HR Officers you will ensure the implementation of HR policies and procedures giving advice to IBEC members during their employee life cycle. You will be a key contact person of various research groups and will work in proactive way supporting the group leaders in their HR management.
You will be in charge of:
- Implement all types of HR policies, processes and procedures giving advice to IBEC members.
- Provide first-line HR support to the research groups assigned (supervisors, researchers and students) in everything that has to do with the employee life cycle contributing to the improvement of administrative procedures, internal customer service and HR day-to-day operations.
- Onboarding and offboarding processes.
- Visa and workpermit procedures in coordination with outsourced legal services.
- Contribute with new ideas and solutions aimed at improving the efficiency, effectiveness and digitalization of HR processes.
- Management and maintenance of the different HR databases. Support to reporting.
- Support in the implementation of HR strategic actions (Human Resources Strategy of the European Commission).
- Support the Head of the Unit in other people management and administration functions.
Requirements for candidates:
- University degree in labour relations, humanities or social sciences.
- Minimum three years’ experience in an HR Department with general understanding of HR processes and policies in an international context.
- Full command in Spanish and English.
- Excel advanced user and used to work with HR metrics.
- Passion to work with people.
- Competencies: Communication, proactivity, customer orientation, planning and organizational skills, teamwork, creativity to find unique solutions and ability to implement them.
- Experience in an international research institution.
- Experience in managing selection processes.
- Postgraduate or Master in Human Resources.
- Knowledge in SAP.
- Number of available positions: 2
- Starting date: December 2022
- Working conditions:
- Full time permanent contract.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.”
Protection of personal data:
IBEC guarantees that candidates’ personal data are processed in accordance with the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data will be processed solely for the purposes of the selection process.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by the Ministry of Science, Universities and Innovation, which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, with an annual budget of 13 Mio€; 3.800 square meters of facilities; 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 350 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu