Introduction to the vacant position:
The Molecular and Cellular Neurobiotechnology Group led by Prof. José A del Río (Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.es/citations?user=jHvpDsoAAAAJ&hl=es) is looking for an Postdoc Researcher to develop the project on the analysis of the role of GPR133 and a set of axonal guidance cues during the development and neurodegeneration of the CNS. The contract will be within the framework of the projects PLEC2022-009401 and PDC2022-133268-I00 funded by MICINN. To do this, the postdoc will develop various techniques such as neuronal culture, biochemical techniques, stem cell cultures (IPSc-derived), brain organoid culture, experimentation with transgenic mouse models, lab-on-chip devices and in vitro optogenetics. The postdoc will be integrated into a translational team with extensive experience in training researchers at the postdoctoral, predoctoral and postgraduate level. The research group, located at IBEC, is in close contact with National and International teams belonging to Ciberned (Carlos III Health Institute) and the Institute of Neurosciences of the UB.
The successful candidate will develop research involving:
- Develop cell primary, Neural stem cells and organoid cultures platforms for drug discovery and neurological research.
- Develop lab on chip devices for neurological research for optogenetic applications
- Analyse functional data of neuronal activity from Calcium imaging in vitro with ad hoc developed software of GPR133 and other neuronal cultures
- Deep phenotypical (e.g., behaviour) and functional characterization of transgenic mice
Requirements for candidates:
- PhD in biology, biomedical engineering, or similar áreas
- Previous experience in cell culture and basic molecular biology techniques.
- Previous experience in Neurobiology related techniques (e.g., primary neuronal or glial cultures).
- Previous experience in imaging techniques (e.g., confocal microcopy or life imaging)
- Experience in microfabrication techniques/protocols and working in cleanroom environments will be considered a plus
- Competencies and skills: Excellent communication and teamworking skills, proactivity, commitment, critical and analytical thinking
- High level of English
- Experience in animal experimentation and related techniques (e.g., stereotaxic techniques, viral injection, etc) will be considered a plus.
- Experience in data analysis with specialized software (Matlab, R, Python or similar) will be considered a plus.
- Letter/s of references are recommended.
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: February-March, 2023
- Working conditions:
- 1 Full time 3-year contract.
- Very competitive salary.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills including mobility grants and a Mentoring programme for predoctral and postdoctoral researchers.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Until February 10th an online application form is available through IBEC dedicated site: https://careers.ibecbarcelona.eu/
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at jobs@aruiz
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity: Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.
Protection of personal data:
IBEC guarantees that candidates’ personal data are processed in accordance with the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data will be processed solely for the purposes of the selection process.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by the Ministry of Science, Universities and Innovation, which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, with an annual budget of 13 Mio€; 3.800 square meters of facilities; 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 350 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu