Introduction to the vacant position:
The Pluripotency for organ regeneration Group is looking for a Postdoc to develop his/her project on the fabrication of microfluidic devices for tissue engineered organ-on-a-chip cultures during health and upon SARS-CoV-2 infection. The contract will be within the framework of “Redes de Investigación Cooperativa Orientadas a Resultados en Salud (RICORS)-Terapias Avanzadas TERAV” within the Next Generation EU program (Plan de Recuperación, Transformación y Resiliencia) Ref. RD21/0017/0018.
Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will develop research involving:
- Generation of human pluripotent stem cells derived organoids, including kidney, heart, and brain to model human disease.
- Development and implementation of a microfluidic platform to study cell-to-cell and organoid-to-organoid cross-talk in control conditions and disease-like conditions.
Requirements for candidates:
- PhD in biology, biotechnology, biomedical engineering, or similar areas
- Previous expertise in human pluripotent stem cell culture is mandatory
- Previous expertise in the derivation of organoids from human pluripotent stem cells is mandatory
- Previous expertise in the characterization of organoids by conventional techniques is mandatory (RT-qPCR, immunohistochemistry, western blot).
- Previous expertise in genome editing in human pluripotent stem cells and organoids will be a plus.
- Previous experience in confocal microscopy analysis will be a plus.
- Competencies and skills: Excellent communication and teamworking skills, proactivity, commitment, critical and analytical thinking
- High level of English
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: immediate
- Working conditions:
- 1 Full time contract until 31/12/2024
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
How to apply:
Until September 16th an online application form is available through IBEC dedicated site: https://careers.ibecbarcelona.eu/
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.”
Protection of personal information:
IBEC guarantees that candidates’ personal data are processed in accordance with the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data will be processed solely for the purposes of the selection process.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by the Ministry of Science, Universities and Innovation, which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 22 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 350 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu