Introduction to the vacant position:
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for a Project Manager of the Strategic Initiatives Unit. The Strategic Initiatives unit provides strategic advice and support to the Director in the deployment of the Strategic Plan of IBEC. Among others, the unit fosters and coordinates (a) institutional and strategic projects and alliances such as Severo Ochoa, BIST, EIT Health and institutional networks as the NanoMed Spain, (b) international alliances and partnerships, (c) deployment of Open Science, (d) implementation of the strategy for Sustainable Research, and (d) the scientific activities of the institute.
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Strategy.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Support in the coordination of strategic projects, including design, implementation and management.
- Identify opportunities, foster and manage international alliances and partnerships
- Support in the coordination and organization of the institutional scientific activities and events of the Institute
- Support in the implementation of Open Science activities, including education and citizen engagement
- Support in the implementation of the strategy for Sustainable Research
Requirements for candidates:
- PhD in experimental sciences, engineering or life sciences
- At least 3 years’ experience in preparation and management of competitive projects at institutional level as well as in management of networks and alliances
- At least 3 years’ experience in the organization of scientific events
- At least 1 years’ experience in science education activities
- Competencies and skills: Communication, Teamwork, Commitment, Proactivity, Integrity, Autonomy, Ability to multitask and prioritize, Critical and Analytical thinking.
- Availability to travel
- High level of English
- Knowledge of European Funding opportunities
- Knowledge of open science practices
- Knowledge of best practices for sustainable research
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: February 2022
- Working conditions:
- Full time
- Permanent position (Specific Rate of Replacement for the stabilization of temporary work, requested by the Administration of the Generalitat based on the 4th additional provision of Royal Decree Law 32/2021, of December 28. Additional replacement rate authorized by the Ministry of Finance and Public Function. Approved by the IBEC Board of Trustees).
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills including mobility grants and a Mentoring programme for predoctral and postdoctoral researchers.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at email@example.com
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.”
Protection of personal data:
IBEC guarantees that candidates’ personal data are processed in accordance with the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data will be processed solely for the purposes of the selection process.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by the Ministry of Science,
Universities and Innovation, which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, with an annual budget of 13 Mio€; 3.800 square meters of facilities; 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 350 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu