Introduction to the vacant position:
The aim of purchasing department is to handle all items (goods and services) that are needed in the IBEC in accordance with the Public Sector Contract Law (LCSP 9/2017). The purchasing Department is integrated in the Finance Unit of IBEC.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
The Purchasing technician is responsible for managing the purchase and follow of the procurements signed. In the framework of the Planes Complementarios Project he/she will select the best option based on quality service and price, guaranteeing the level of service provided by the products assigned and helping to draw up the budget.
His/her functions and responsibilities will consist of:
- Manage purchases related to the Planes Complementarios project.
- Manage tracking and monitoring of purchase orders to ensure delivery times.
- Registration of incoming invoice.
- Analysis of data related to purchases, through data exported from IBEC ERP.
Requirements for candidates:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and Management, Economics or equivalent or Higher Level Training Cycle (CFGS).
- At least 2 years of experience in purchasing departments.
- High level of English.
- Competences and skills: Communication, planning, organization, teamwork, analytical capacity, proactivity and flexibility.
Additional experience that will be valuable:
- Experience in procurements and LCSP 9/2017.
- Experience in SAP Business One.
- German language skills.
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: February 2023
- Working conditions:
- Full time, temporary contract of 2 to 2,5 years of duration in the framework of the project Plan Complementario de Biotecnología aplicada a la Salud. Plan de Recuperación, Transformación y Resiliencia – Funded by European Union – NextGenerationEU.
- Salary will be commensurate with previous experience.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills. Mobility grants for first stage researchers, as well as a Mentoring programme for Postdoctoral researchers are offered.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
How to apply:
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Principles of the Selection Process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.
Protection of personal data:
IBEC ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Spanish Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data shall thus be processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (in charge of research and innovation policy in Spain),which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.IBEC’s mission is to develop international high quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing an annual budget of 12M€ and 3.800 square meters facilities, 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 300 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu