Application Deadline: 15/03/2021
The Molecular Bionics group led by Dr. Giuseppe Battaglia at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for a Research Assistant to study and characterise biological trafficking vesicles to identify and characterise potential active phoretic transport
Introduction to the vacant position:
The Molecular Bionics Group is setting up the Centre for Liquid Phase Electron Microscopy Imaging at Barcelona.
It will be equipped with state-of-the-art electron microscopy facilities to image liquid samples with sub-nanometer spatial resolution and with temporal resolution of milliseconds. We are looking for a Physical Sciences/Engineering graduate to work on the development of novel 3D imaging modality of nanoparticle, macromolecules and biological structures in water.
Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will develop research involving:
Numerical simulation and computation, creation of reconstruction algorithms to model nanoparticles in 3D, analysis and optimization of images obtained by electron microscopy
Requirements for candidates:
Physical Sciences/Engineering graduate to work on the development of novel 3D imaging modality of nanoparticle, macromolecules and biological structures in water.
Interest in a future project as predoctoral researcher at IBEC is highly valuable
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: 1st April 2021
- Fulltime contract. Very competitive salary/ Salary will be commensurate with academic level and experience.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills. Mobility grants for first stage researchers, as well as a Mentoring programme for Postdoctoral researchers are offered.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.”
Protection of personal data:
IBEC ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Spanish Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data shall thus be processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by the Ministry of Science, Universities and Innovation, which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, with an annual budget of 13 Mio€; 3.800 square meters of facilities; 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 350 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu