Application Deadline: 30/06/2016
The Biomimetic systems for cell engineering group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for a Research Technician to participate in an European project about the development of new photonic biosensors for cancer detection and monitoring.
Tasks and responsibilities:
– Development of protocols and methods (microcontact printing, ink-jet deposition) for antibody immobilization on the surface of biosensors.
– Development of antibody-antigen recognition assays on the new optical biosensors.
– Preparation of project reports and presentations.
– Attendance to project meetings.
Requirements for candidates:
– PhD in chemistry, Physics or Engineering or equivalent laboratory experience.
– Previous experience in surface functionalization, surface patterning, surface characterization (fluorescent and confocal microscopy) and immunoassays (ELISA, SPR).
– Expertise in working in a cleanroom for microfabrication will be positively evaluated.
– High level of English.
– Self-critical, capacity to learn and bring knowledge.
– High motivation and ability to be involved in an international multidisciplinary team.
– Excellent team working and communication skills.
– Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high quality international scientific environment.
– 12 months employment contract.
– Salary will be determined upon experience and scientific background.
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission. Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and references to: email@example.com, before 30/06/2016 (Reference: RT-EM).