Application Deadline: 14/05/2021
In 2021, the Senior Researcher – Talent Retention Programme aims to open 2 positions to consolidate senior researchers.
The Objectives of the Programme are:
– To provide a long-term career pathway for senior researchers
– To retain talent within IBEC
– To provide IBEC groups with a more robust structure
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is a leading-edge multidisciplinary research centre based in Barcelona that conducts excellent interdisciplinary research at the frontier of engineering and life sciences to generate new knowledge by putting together fields like nanomedicine, biophysics, biotechnology, tissue engineering and applications of health information technology.
Conditions of employment:
- 2 senior researcher positions with full time, open-ended contract.
- Gross annual fix salary: 39.600 €
- Measures to reconcile work and family life: flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others.
- Specific training for the position will be offered. The IBEC yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to settle in Barcelona.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
- Other responsibilities than research, such as teaching, if minimal, could be carried out upon the approval of the corresponding Group Leader.
Who can apply?
To be eligible, candidates must comply with the following requirements:
- Candidates must have been awarded a PhD degree minimum 7 years prior to time of this call closing deadline. Should an applicant hold more than one doctoral degree, this period will be counted from the first degree granted.
- Candidates must have the support of an IBEC Group Leader through a support letter (see Annex II).
- The call is open to all candidates who, are not holding a permanent position within the Spanish National research system.
- The successful candidate will be incompatible with applying for a Junior Group Leader position in IBEC within the next 3 years from date of communication of call resolution.
- The successful candidate will be periodically evaluated to track their progress.
- The successful candidate will have a period of 12 months to accept the position from the date of communication of call resolution.
How to apply?
Applications must be submitted from April 15th until May 14th 2021 at 3 pm (Central European Time – CET) through the online application platform available at the IBEC website: https://careers.ibecbarcelona.eu/
Applicants will need:
- To register at the IBEC online application platform and create a new account.
- To fill in all the sections of the Curriculum Vitae.
- To select the research group in which he/she would like to work.
- To write a prospective Research & Management proposal to be carried out within the selected IBEC research group. The applicants must contact the Group Leader of their choice to discuss their research & Management proposal with him/her. The proposal should have a maximum length of 6 pages and should be written using the template downloadable at https://careers.ibecbarcelona.eu/ (See Form I).
- To upload the support letter signed from the Group Leader motivating the selection of the candidate (following the template provided, Form II).
- To submit the Certificate or official notification of their PhD award, where the date on which the PhD was earned appears.
If the documents uploaded to the online application platform were issued in a language other than English, a translation into English should be attached.
When required, the chosen candidates should accredit, through original documents or certified photocopies of them, the files attached to the applications. Likewise, IBEC could ask them for the original certificates for any information mentioned in their curriculum vitae.
Only full applications submitted by the call deadline will be evaluated.
For detailed information about the programme visit the specific web page : https://ibecbarcelona.eu/for-researchers/senior-researchers-programme
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by the Ministry of Science, Universities and Innovation, which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 23 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 350 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu