Application Deadline: 05/11/2018
The Synthetic, Perceptive, Emotive and Cognitive Systems (SPECS) group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for a Software Developer to support the robotics team and contribute to the development of highly innovative research and applications combining robotics and neuroscience.
Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will develop research involving:
Candidates will contribute to develop and improve one or more applications in the area of neuro-robotics, neuroinformatic and neuro-education.
Requirements for candidates:
- Good knowledge in C++, C·, Python.
- S., M.S., or PhD in computer science or a related field.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Competencies and skills: Communication, Teamwork, Proactivity, Commitment, Collegiality, Integrity, Critical and Analytical thinking
Extra knowledge (desired skills):
- Robot libraries and operative systems: ROS, YARP.
- Computer vision, Classifiers (knowledge in OpenCV)
- Sensor and actuators
- Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence.
Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: November 15th, 2018
- Working conditions with IBEC conditions:
- Full time temporary contract.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- Professional development opportunities: IBEC has a Training catalogue in technical and transferable skills and organises seminars and PhD discussions.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment
- Salary will be determined upon experience and scientific background.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org, before 05/11/2018 (Reference: TC-PV).
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the OTM-R principles.
Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (in charge of research and innovation policy in Spain), which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 300 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu