Main tasks and responsibilities
- Developing/updating PNT for the analytical instruments/apparatus of the lab
- Carrying out sample analysis using GC-MS, GC-IMS, GC-TCD, IMS and related techniques of analysis in gas phase
- Developing and optimizing protocols for sample analysis
- Ordering lab consumables.
- Update lab inventory
- Instrument calibration
- Overall lab organization
Requirements for candidates:
- Degree and Master in Chemistry or related degrees with an intensification on Analytical Chemistry.
- Proven experience in Gas Chromatography – Mass Spectrometry analysis, . Solid Phase Micro Extraction experience will be a plus (eg. TFG or TFM based on these techniques, prior lab experience in the industry for GC-MS).
- Competencies and skills: Communication, Teamwork and collaboration, Commitment, Proactivity, Integrity, Critical and Analytical thinking, Orderliness.
- Basic knowledge of MATLAB or Python is a plus.
- Minimum B2 level of English, desired C1
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: 16/1/2021
- Working conditions:
Full time contract for 1 year.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills including mobility grants and a Mentoring programme.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
- Induction program to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Until 23/12/2020 an online application form is available through IBEC dedicated site: https://careers.ibecbarcelona.eu/
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at email@example.com
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles. Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by the Ministry of Science, Universities and Innovation, which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 300 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu