Introduction to the vacant position:
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC), a cutting-edge research center based in Barcelona, is looking for a Funding Coordinator, an exciting full-time, development opportunity to join our Projects Office in Barcelona.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
The extent of your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Direct supervision of a team of Funding Managers and Assistant, involving periodic meetings, guidance, internal coordination and support in their daily tasks
- Provide support to the Head of Projects Office to coordinate tasks and optimise procedures with other research management units (mainly Human Resources and Finance)
- Implement new IT tools for pre- and post-award duties, in cooperation with the Project Managers Coordinator (call search, timesheets, etc.)
- Perform economic R&D project justification: EU (H2020/Horizon Europe), national (MCIN, ISCIII), regional (AGAUR, ACCIÓ), private foundations (AECC, FBBVA, La Caixa, etc.), and HR fellowships (FPI, FPU, FI, Juan de la Cierva, etc.)
- Coordinate national R&D projects audits
Requirements for candidates:
- Financial and/or administrative studies.
- Minimum five years’ experience in research project management (preferably post-award area), in particular regarding EU Framework Programme and national projects (AEI-MCIN).
- Experience with SAP.
- Advanced user in Microsoft Office.
- Full command of Spanish, Catalan and English.
- Competencies: Leadership, communication, teamwork, people management, proactivity, problem solving, decision making, planning and organizational skills.
- Previous experience in a similar position involving coordination of a team.
- Knowledge of public and private research funding systems (European and Spanish).
- Knowledge of public research Catalan system.
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: September 2023
- Working conditions:
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (flexible schedule working hours, teleworking up to 2 days per week, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- Full time open-ended contract linked to projects
- Specific training for the position will be offered. IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills.
- High-quality international scientific environment.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
How to apply:
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at email@example.com
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R) https://ibecbarcelona.eu/careers-at-ibec/jobs/
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.”
IBEC actively looks for female candidates for Senior positions (Postdoctoral and GL positions) ensuring that at least 40% of shortlisted applicants invited to interview have to be women with comparable level of CVs as the male candidates. At the end of the evaluation process, in case of equal merit, priority will be given to female candidates.
For candidates with children that come from outside Barcelona, we offer babysitting services during the interview, so you don’t have to worry about anything else than doing a good interview. Contact us if you are interested in this service.
IBEC, as a signatory of the San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA), will consider, especially for early-stage investigators, much more the scientific content of research outputs, than publication metrics or the identity of the journal in which it were published.