Introduction to the vacant position:
The Human Resources Unit is looking for a Senior People Development and Inclusion Officer to carry out strategic HR functions and to support our scientific staff.
The aim of the HR Unit is to reinforce IBEC’s mission through delivering high-level services to all stakeholders and effectively implement HR policies throughout the organization.
Our approach is researcher-centric, putting people at the center of our actions.
The HR Unit deals with all issues related to the employee life cycle: recruitment and selection, contracting, training and development, promotion, compensation and benefits, wellbeing, health and safety, mobilities, employee visa, onboarding and leave management.
Our Unit leads strategic projects such as the Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R) in line with the Principles of the Charter and Code of the European Commission and the Equal Opportunities and Diversity Plan.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
You will have a core role in the HR strategic projects; you will focus in attract, retain and develop talent for our Institute.
You will be in charge of:
- Implement all types of HR policies, processes and procedures.
- Contribute with new ideas and solutions aimed at improving the efficiency, effectiveness and digitalization of HR processes.
- Talent management:
- Coordinate and implement the annual training plan according to budget
- Work with different stakeholders to identify learning needs
- Facilitate learning through a variety of delivery methods including virtual training
- Maintain and improve our Training Platform and create training reports
- Coordinate of training offer with other BIST research centers
- Implement a developmental appraisal system
- Coordinate of the training subsidies by Fundae in collaboration with our external provider.
- Gender, Diversity and Inclusion:
- Coordination and Implementation of the Gender and Diversity management plan.
- Identify equality & diversity needs through qualitative and quantitative information. Monitor and evaluate actions.
- Recruitment and Selection for the research groups assigned:
- Organize, manage and disseminate job advertisements;
- Interview as HR member in the recruitment commissions.
- Implementation of the actions of HRS4R (Human Resources Strategy of the European Commission).
- Reporting of HR data regarding training, selection and HR-related projects.
- Support and execute internal projects of the Human Resources Unit.
- Support the Head of the Unit in other talent management and administration functions.
Requirements for candidates:
- University degree: Psychology, Sociology or similar.
- Postgraduate or Master in Human Resources.
- Minimum five years’ experience in an HR Department with general understanding of HR processes and policies in an international context.
- Experience in managing selection and training and career development processes.
- Full command in Spanish and English.
- Used to work with HR metrics.
- Excel advanced user.
- Passion to work with people.
- Competencies: Communication, proactivity, customer orientation, planning and organizational skills, teamwork, analytical skills, creativity to find unique solutions and ability to implement them.
- Experience in implementing development management programs.
- Project management skills.
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: July 1st 2023
- Working conditions:
- Full time permanent contract co-funded by the Apoyo a Centros de Excelencia Severo Ochoa of the Ministerio de Ciencia, Innovación y Universidades.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (parental leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills including mobility grants and a Mentoring programme for predoctral and postdoctoral researchers.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Until June 13th an online application form is available through IBEC dedicated site: https://careers.ibecbarcelona.eu/
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at email@example.com
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R) https://ibecbarcelona.eu/careers-at-ibec/jobs/
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.”
IBEC actively looks for female candidates for Senior positions (Postdoctoral and GL positions) ensuring that at least 40% of shortlisted applicants invited to interview have to be women with comparable level of CVs as the male candidates. At the end of the evaluation process, in case of equal merit, priority will be given to female candidates.
For candidates with children that come from outside Barcelona, we offer babysitting services during the interview, so you don’t have to worry about anything else than doing a good interview. Contact us if you are interested in this service.
IBEC, as a signatory of the San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA), will consider, especially for early-stage investigators, much more the scientific content of research outputs, than publication metrics or the identity of the journal in which it were published.
Protection of personal data:
IBEC guarantees that candidates’ personal data are processed in accordance with the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data will be processed solely for the purposes of the selection process.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by the Ministry of Science, Universities and Innovation, which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, with an annual budget of 13 Mio€; 3.800 square meters of facilities; 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 350 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu