Main tasks and responsibilities:
As an HR officer you will manage various research groups to support their members during their employee life cycle and to provide them with our HR services.
You will be in charge of:
- Implement of all types of HR policies, processes and procedures.
- Provide first-line HR support to different research groups (supervisors, employees and students) in everything that has to do with their employee life cycle: selection, contracting, training and development, promotion, compensation and benefits, employee visa, onboarding and leave management.
- Recruitment and Selection of the research groups: Organize, manage and disseminate job advertisements and maintain our Job portal; Interview as HR member in the recruitment committees.
- Support in the logistics for the implementation of the different training courses.
- Support the Head of the Unit in other administration functions related to development of policies.
- Support in the implementation of the actions included in the Human Resources Strategy for Researchers and the Gender and Diversity Plan.
Requirements for candidates:
- University degree.
- Minimum two years’ experience in an HR Department with general understanding of HR processes and policies in an international context.
- Full command in Spanish and English.
- Excel advanced user.
- Used to work with HR metrics.
- Passion to work with people and talent management.
- Competencies: Communication, proactivity, customer orientation, planning and organizational skills, teamwork, creativity to find unique solutions and ability to implement them.
- Postgraduate or Master in Human Resources.
- Knowledge in SAP.
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: October 2019
- Working conditions:
- Full time contract.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills. Mobility grants for first stage researchers, as well as a Mentoring programme for Postdoctoral researchers are offered.
- High-quality international scientific environment.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and the contact of two referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 17/09/2019 (Reference: HRO_CM).
Principles of the Selection Process:
Our Recruitment and Selection Policy is based on the OTM Strategy (Open, Transparent and Merit-based recruitment) www.ibecbarcelona.eu/jobs/ and accept applications without distinction on any grounds. Candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Our commitment to OTM-R principles can also be found in our Gender and Diversity plan.
Protection of personal data:
IBEC ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Spanish Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data shall thus be processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (in charge of research and innovation policy in Spain), which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 350 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu