Application Deadline: 23/11/2021
The Biomaterials for Regenerative Therapies group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for a Postdoc position to work on the development of new platforms for skin regeneration. The contract will be within the framework of the European Consortium nAngioderm, an EuroNanoMed 3 project funded by the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation, whose objective is to develop devices based on nanotechnology and drug delivery tools able to address the healing of acute and chronic wounds.
Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will develop research involving:
- Fabrication of nanoparticles
- 3D printing fabrication of scaffolds
- Lead the work packages related to biological characterization and devices testing
- In vitro and in vivo preclinical testing
- Supervision of Master and PhD students
- Manuscript writing
- Requirements for candidates:
- Multidisciplinary knowledge in the field of bioengineering with special emphasis in the area of skin wound healing.
- PhD in biomedical engineering, chemistry, pharmaceutical chemistry or related fields.
- Knowledge in the design of preclinical studies.
- License on animal care and handling
- Experience in biomaterials implantation and biological characterization
- Competencies and skills: Communication, Teamwork and collaboration, Commitment, Proactivity, Integrity, Critical and Analytical thinking.
- High level of English
- We Offer:
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: 01/12/2021. Extension possibility according to performance
- Working conditions:
- Full time 1-year
Very competitive salary.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills including mobility grants and a Mentoring programme.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at email@example.com
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles. Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by the Ministry of Science, Universities and Innovation, which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 300 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu