1.Introduction to the vacant position:
Within the framework DATOS-CAT project (“Implementation and database analysis in precision medicine”), an initiative under the “Plan Complementario de Biotecnología aplicada a la Salud”, coordinated by the Institute for Bioengineering for Catalonia (IBEC), we are seeking a Research Assistant to join the Genomes for Life Group at the Institut de Salut Germans Trias i Pujol (IGTP).
The Genomes for Life Group at IGTP is looking for a Postdoc / Research Assistant. The contract will be within the framework of the DATOS-CAT project, whose objective is the implementation and analysis of clinical and genomic data in the precision medicine of the IMPaCT program (Infraestructura de Medicina de Precisión asociada a la Ciencia y la Tecnología).
This Plan Complementario is co-financed by the Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovación and the Generalitat de Catalunya, with funds from the European Union NextGenerationEU (PRTR-C17.I1)
2.The successful candidate will develop research involving:
Under the direction of Dr. Rafael de Cid, the applicant will carry out the following research activities:
- Adaptation and transformation of clinical cohort-data to international standards under the open EHR, with reference terminology (ICD, LOINC, SNOMED-CT) to cohort-linked-data based on the common data model OMOP.
- IA modelling of Genome-Clinical cohort
- Definition of Interoperability and interconnectivity of cohort-data under standardized Data-Lake solution.
- Implementation of the DataSHIELD infraestructure.
The candidate will work at the at the Genomes For Life-IGTP Research Group, at the Institut d’Investigació en Ciències de la Salut Germans Trias I Pujol.
3.Requirements for candidates
- Degree and Master on any field on bioinformatics
- Multidisciplinary qualifications (Physics/Math’s, Physics/Engineering, etc.) and/or knowledge on e-health and specifically on data integration and IA analysis.
- Competencies and skills: Communication, Teamwork and collaboration, Commitment, Proactivity, Integrity, Critical and Analytical thinking.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: 1st of June 2023
- Working conditions:
- Full-time 20-month contract. Attractive salary
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, 23 working days of paid holidays, and nine leave days for personal matters, among others).
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and a high-quality international scientific environment.
- IBEC ensures equal access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC, or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of technical and transferable skills training, including mobility grants and a Mentoring program for researchers.
- An induction program to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support are provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permits and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Until March 12th, an online application form is available through IBEC’s dedicated site: https://careers.ibecbarcelona.eu/
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further questions regarding your application or the application process, please get in touch with us at email@example.com
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent, and Merit-based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s Commitment to equal opportunities:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion to support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual orientation, or cultural and socioeconomic background.”
Protection of personal data:
IBEC guarantees that candidates’ confidential data are processed per the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requirements and Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data will be processed solely for the selection process.
Who are we?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named Severo Ochoa Research Centre by the Ministry of Science, Universities, and Innovation, which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in research, training, human resources, outreach, and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality, interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to a better quality of life, improves health, and creates wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals, and corporations are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB), and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and manages 3.800 square meters of facilities, with an annual budget of 13 Mio€; 3.800 square meters of facilities; 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 350 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu