Introduction to the vacant position:
The Pluripotency for organ regeneration Group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) led by Prof. Nuria Montserrat is looking for a laboratory technician to conduct her/his labor tasks on kidney organoid applications to model congenital anomalies of the kidney and urinary tract (CAKUT). The aim of the project is to develop complex organoid model systems for CAKUT disease modeling including the generation of kidney assembloids and the manipulation of organ-on-a-chip systems to steer kidney organoid derivation. The work will be conducted in the framework of the ERC-2020- Consolidator project entitled: “Engineering Kidney Organoids To Study The Interplay Between Tissue Mechanics And Metabolism: From Development To Disease” (ENGINORG).
Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will develop research involving:
- Development of renal derivatives from human pluripotent stem cells (hPSCs) in 2D and 3D cell culture settings.
- Development of endothelial derivatives from human pluripotent stem cells (hPSCs) in 2D and 3D cell culture settings
- Characterization of renal and endothelial derivatives from human pluripotent stem cells (hPSCs)
- Support to the research team in the planification and performance of experiments involving the use of organ-on-a-chip systems to steer kidney organoid derivation
Requirements for candidates:
- Previous experience as laboratory technician in cell culture of primary cells, pluripotent stem cells and immortalized cell lines
- Previous experience on basic molecular biology techniques (RNA isolation, protein isolation, Western Blot analysis, Sanger sequencing, RT-qPCR).
- Previous experience in organoid derivation is mandatory.
- Experience in confocal microscopy analysis is mandatory.a
- Competencies and skills: Excellent communication and teamworking skills, proactivity, commitment, critical and analytical thinking
- High level of English
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: immediate
- Working conditions:
- 1 Full time 4-year contract. Open ended.
- Very competitive salary.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills including mobility grants and a Mentoring programme.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona
How to apply:
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at email@example.com
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.”
Protection of personal information:
IBEC guarantees that candidates’ personal data are processed in accordance with the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data will be processed solely for the purposes of the selection process.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by the Ministry of Science, Universities and Innovation, which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 22 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 350 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu