Application Deadline: 10/12/2017
The Signal and Information Processing for Sensing Systems group led by Dr. Santi Marco at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for a Postdoc Research founded through an industrial project.
Tasks and responsibilities depending on candidate background:
– Development tools based on free software in order to develop data processing workflows LC-MS and NMR
– Analysis of datasets
– Development of automated measurement systems for volatolomics
Requirements for candidates:
– PhD Degree (Preferable in Physic)
– Prior international experience in the field of Metabolomics or Proteomics.
– Data processing LC-MS, NMR, GC-MS and GC-IMS, Chemical sensor arrays.
– Programming in high level languages such as MATLAB, R or PYTHON.
– Self-critical, capacity to learn and bring knowledge.
– High level of English.
– High motivation and ability to be involved in an international multidisciplinary team.
– Excellent team working and communication skills.
Other valuable skills
– Labview knowledge ; C, C++ programming ; Digital Signal Processing
– 1 year Full time employment contract
– Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high quality international scientific environment.
– Salary will be determined upon experience and scientific background.
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission. Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org, before 10/12/2017 (Reference: PD-SM).