Tasks and responsibilities:
– Fabrication of micro- and nanomotors and characterization through SEM, TEM, FTIR, enzyme quantification, mapping and activity among others.
– Optical recording, tracking and analysis of active motion of micro- and nanomotors.
– Present updates of progress, seminars and Journal clubs in lab meetings as well as write up materials, methods, results, figure captions for grant proposals, progress reports and manuscripts.
– Show proactivity and initiative by proposing new ideas and solutions.
Requirements for candidates:
– Master/Bachelor Degree in Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering or similar. Minimum of 300 credits ETCS, 60 of which belong to Master in order to be admitted in a Doctoral program.
– Previous lab experience handling enzymes and other biomolecules, as well as micro- and nanoparticles.
– High level of English.
– Develop a high qualitative level doctorate thesis, being able to rise the scientific interest, within the timeframe and under the Group Leader supervision.
– High motivation and ability to be involved in an international multidisciplinary team.
– Excellent team working and communication skills.
– 1 year Full time employment contract, renewable for one more year.
– Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high quality international scientific environment.
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission. Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should present its application to firstname.lastname@example.org before 28/05/2018 (Reference: PH-SS) .