Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will develop research involving:
- Laboratory management and administration. Main contact with suppliers, companies and internal departments for laboratory matters. Placing orders.
- Introduction and supervision to new members to laboratory distribution, synthesis and equipment.
- Synthesis of micro and nanoparticles. Support group members in the design, manufacture and characterization of micro and nanobots (enzyme-functionalized particles), by chemical synthesis, both inorganic and organic particles.
- 3D (Bio)printing. Design of 3D models for microfluidics and sensors among others. 3D printing with photocurable and thermocurable polymers. Experience in soft lithography.
- Maintenance of the lab equipment, responsible of some equipment and organization of spaces.
- Support the PI with technical issues.
Requirement for candidates:
- Degree and Master on any field on Chemistry, Nanosciences, Biology, Biomedical engineering, Nanotechnology, Material Science and related.
- Multidisciplinary qualifications will be a plus since the project is at the edge between different disciplines from basic science to translational approaches.
- Knowledge of synthesis of nanoparticles specifically on inorganic but alternative liposomes and vesicles will be a plus.
- Excellent organization skills and high collaborative spirit.
- High motivation to support scientists in a competitive research environment.
- Competencies and skills: Communication, Teamwork and collaboration, Commitment, Proactivity, Integrity, Critical and Analytical thinking.
- Interest and curiosity on nanobots as drug delivery carriers.
- High level of English
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: 16.11.2021
- Working conditions:
- Full time one year contract. Very competitive salary
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
How to apply:
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at email@example.com
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.”
Protection of personal data:
IBEC ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Spanish Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data shall thus be processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.