Introduction to the vacant position:
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC), a cutting-edge research center based in Barcelona, is looking for a Legal and Procurement Coordinator, an exciting full-time, development opportunity to join our Research Management Office in Barcelona.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
The extent of your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and manage, with the support of a technician, the necessary public procurement process to acquire supplies and services for the daily activities of the Institute, ensuring compliance with all current contracting regulations. In particular:
- Advice and coordination of all legal and administrative documentation generated during the preparation, publication, awarding, execution, and monitoring of procurement procedures, including the drafting of specific administrative terms and conditions that will apply to the tenders and other necessary documentation.
- Interlocution and legal support to different internal units and research groups in the preparation of the necessary documentation related to the Institute’s procurement procedures.
- Management of clarifications, amendments, and information accreditations requested by bidders.
- Publication of documentation on the corresponding official platforms, both at the national and European level.
- Monitoring and execution of the annual procurement procedures plan.
- Control of the budgetary aspects of procurement procedures.
- Archiving, custody, and updating of all documentation related to procurement procedures.
- External reporting of requested data regarding the tenders carried out at IBEC.
- Other tasks derived from the procurement process.
- Coordinate and manage all corporate or institutional legal matters arising in the following areas:
- Legal support in institutional strategic projects promoted by the Institute’s Management.
- Advice and support in the drafting of corporate policies of the institute (anti-fraud plans, ethical codes, whistleblowing regulation, etc.).
- Monitoring and support to ensure the proper implementation of compliance policies and corporate culture within the entity.
- Coordinate and manage the updating of the Transparency Portal of the entity in accordance with legal provisions.
- Promote and ensure compliance with data protection legislation policies, in coordination with the Data Protection Officer of the Institute.
- Develop legal projects when necessary (electronic tools, new policies to be implemented, legal updates that may affect the Institution, etc.).
- Preparation of labor reports and other opinions requiring the participation of the legal services of the institute.
- Support the Management in the drafting and monitoring of institutional collaboration agreements involving IBEC.
- Support the Management in relation with the Board of Trustees, Foundations’ Supervisory Body and institute’s trustees, from a legal perspective. Legal advice and identification of risks that may affect the organization in its daily operations.
Requirements for candidates:
- University degree in Law.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Legal department in the public sector.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Public Procurements and Official Tenders in entities of the public sector.
- In depth knowledge and management of the Public Procurements Services Platform of the Catalan Government and the public register of contracts.
- Native level in Catalan. Excellent English.
- Competencies: Strong planning and organizational skills, leadership, communication, teamwork, problem solving, proactivity.
- Knowledge in digital envelope 2.0 and telematics procedures of the Platform PSCP
- Advanced user in Microsoft Office.
- Postgraduate in Business.
How to apply:
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R) https://ibecbarcelona.eu/careers-at-ibec/jobs/
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.”
IBEC actively looks for female candidates for Senior positions (Postdoctoral and GL positions) ensuring that at least 40% of shortlisted applicants invited to interview have to be women with comparable level of CVs as the male candidates. At the end of the evaluation process, in case of equal merit, priority will be given to female candidates.
For candidates with children that come from outside Barcelona, we offer babysitting services during the interview, so you don’t have to worry about anything else than doing a good interview. Contact us if you are interested in this service.
IBEC, as a signatory of the San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA), will consider, especially for early-stage investigators, much more the scientific content of research outputs, than publication metrics or the identity of the journal in which it were published.
Protection of personal data:
IBEC guarantees that candidates’ personal data are processed in accordance with the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data will be processed solely for the purposes of the selection process.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by the Ministry of Science, Universities and Innovation, which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, with an annual budget of 13 Mio€; 3.800 square meters of facilities; 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 350 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu