The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC), a cutting-edge research center based in Barcelona, is looking for a Project Manager in Research. His/her role will be to oversee and manage the research projects of several research lines, liaising with other sites and institutions across Spain and Europe.
This position is supported by the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness within the Severo Ochoa Centres of Excellence Initiative.
Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will develop research involving:
- Funding: Identify new project opportunities for the research lines assigned.
- Project formulation: Support in the definition of project goals, advising on project partners, preparation of budget, support on proposal writing and submission.
- Project management: Liaising between project and funders; coordination between sites within international projects; coordinating and overseeing project reporting; keeping track of project agendas and deadlines.
- Financial management of the research lines: Maximizing the outcome of the research lines within the available budget.
- Liaising between research group leaders and other IBEC support areas (Strategic Initiatives, Finance, Funding Services, HR, Tech Transfer and Communication) for the daily running of the research lines.
- Promotion of the interaction of research groups within IBEC to increase interdisciplinary.
Requirements for candidates:
- PhD in engineering, physics or experimental sciences.
- Minimum one-year experience in research project management, in particular regarding Framework Programme projects (FP7, H2020) and other EU & international funding schemes.
- Full command of Spanish and English. Catalan is a plus.
- Capacity to work with people from different backgrounds and expertise.
- Good communication abilities.
- Team work, initiative and organization.
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: 01/02/2019
- Working conditions:
Full timetemporary contract.
- Salary will be commensurate with academic level
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional
developmentopportunitiesirrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or otherfactors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogueoffers a wide range of trainingintechnical and transferable skills.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support
isprovided for foreigners to obtain Visa-workingpermit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and the contact of two referees to:email@example.com before 11/01/2019 (Reference: PM-JA).
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles. Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Who are we?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (in charge of research and innovation policy in Spain), which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing an annual budget of 12M€ and 3.800 square meters facilities , 21 research groupsand a team of researchers and support services of 300 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu