This year’s winning projects are:
- BIOSPAD: A fast monolithic multi-channel ASIC for diffuse optical, non-invasive blood flow measurement. Presented by: Sebastian Grinstein (IFAE) and Turgut Durduran (ICFO)
- MOFtors: Enzyme-powered, metal-organic framework based motors. Presented by: Vincent Guillerm (ICN2) and Tania Patiño (IBEC)
- ElectroSensBioBots: Towards a new generation of programable 3D printed living biobots with nanoelectronics for sensing and local stimulation. Presented by: Maria Guix Noguera (IBEC) and Steven Walston (ICN2)
- ORGANSENS: Dynamic monitoring of pancreas metabolism by combining nano-optical biosensing to organ on-a-chip technology Presented by: Romain Quidant (ICFO) and Javier Ramon (IBEC).
- BioVac: Artificial bacteria: a novel generation of bioinspired vaccines. Presented by: Daniel Ruiz Molina (ICN2) and Eduard Torrents Serra (IBEC).
After this first 8 months these programs can apply for additional funding through the second phase of the 2018 Ignite Program. This second stage has an exploratory nature and consists of an additional award of 50.000€ during 12 months for the two best projects out of the five selected during the first stage.